Who’s buried in Grant’s Tomb?
You’ll finally discover the answer to that age-old trick question—but there’s so much more to discover beyond that monument on a hunt that features the Columbia University campus and Morningside Heights. On teams, you’ll follow a trail of clues and answer clever, funny questions about the famous places, secret sights, and hidden history you find. It’s the fast-paced, fun campus tour you always wished you’d gone on.
- Columbia University’s bucolic campus, with its unusual statues and classic buildings
- St. John the Divine, arguably the largest Gothic cathedral in the world, decorated with fascinating sculptures and stained-glass windows
- The diner that starred on Seinfeld and inspired a hit song
- The owl hidden by the steps where the original Ghostbusters dallied
- An authentic Hungarian pastry shop
- A hidden medieval garden
- The site of a desperate Revolutionary War battle
- Panoramic views of Morningside Park
- The home of the Manhattan Project, birthplace of the atomic age
- George Carlin’s childhood home
Big groups welcome!
We can accommodate groups of all sizes; this hunt was originally commissioned by the Columbia Business School for 200 members of its incoming class. The game is also great for alumni get-togethers, birthday parties, and any other event where you want to entertain a diverse group with an activity that’s completely unique and a whole lotta fun.
A Kids Edition is also available, for school field trips and for when you want to give budding teens a glimpse of what college life might be like.
What happy hunters are saying
“My friends and I had a blast racing around Columbia’s campus during this scavenger hunt. Even though a lot of us went to Columbia as undergrads, we learned new facts about the school and the surrounding neighborhood. The clues made us think but weren’t too difficult to figure out—and the photo challenges added extra fun to the hunt. A fantastic way to celebrate my birthday!”