A stunning neighborhood almost lost
To look at the spectacular cast-iron loft buildings of today’s SoHo—filled with posh shops, galleries, and restaurants—you’d never guess that this neighborhood was headed for an appointment with a wrecking ball in the 1970s. But artists pioneered the revival of SoHo, and now its lively streets make for a great scavenger-hunt location.
Along the way, your team might…
- Marvel at surprising works of art, including a building-size trompe l’oeil mural
- See what Manhattan may have looked like when Native Americans were its only residents
- Discover the last traces of when Italian immigrants called these streets home
- Visit the more recently revived neighborhood of NoLita (North of Little Italy), filled with small shops and restaurants with innovative offerings
- Risk running into the ghost of a woman murdered in the 18th century, resulting in a trial involving Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr
You don’t need any knowledge of SoHo or its history to win this game. Instead, teamwork, sharp eyes, and a sense of adventure are the skills that will get you to the finish line fast—while having a ton of fun along the way.