Two museums, one amazing all-American adventure!
We’ve uncovered the most extraordinary, bizarre, head-turning, and mind-boggling objects and sights of two Smithsonian museums and turned them into one incredible hunt. On our whirlwind tour of the American Art Museum and the National Portrait Gallery, you’ll answer fun, funny questions about the secrets of eye-popping artwork and a parade of famous Americans, from George Washington to Andy Warhol.
Highlights of the hunt include strange and humorous folk art, famous inventions, surprising presidential trivia, fascinating conservation studios, Civil War scenes, and startling contemporary works.
Along the way, you might discover…
- Which “Irish rock band” seems to have crashed near President Kennedy
- Who made cooked spaghetti look tense
- What the Gipper said when he first saw his portrait
- An electrified state with a plethora of potatoes
- Which inventor might have been offered a job at Hogwarts
You don’t need any previous knowledge to triumph—you just need good teamwork and comfortable shoes.
If you’re looking for an after-work venue that’s impervious to weather, you’ve found it! These museums stay open until 7 p.m. every night of the week.