You can literally taste victory…
as you tackle tricky questions while sampling the best foods in the Reading Terminal Market and nearby Chinatown. You’ll also discover other delightful surprises in the neighborhood. Highlights include…
- America’s oldest ice cream vendor
- Philly’s most endangered cheesesteak (and a related gaffe by a presidential candidate)
- a Chinatown building from the year 4668
- the tiny towns outside the Transit Museum
- a historic organ in an unexpected place
- a secret beneath City Hall
- such delightful dishes as artisanal chocolates, sinful cheesecakes, fried dumplings, soft pretzels, cappuccino, cupcakes, roast pork, moon cake, Amish baked goods, and more.
Each team needs to bring a smartphone for the photo challenges and to document your munching adventures. The price does not include food purchases, because we want you to have a wide range of options to suit your taste, your budget, and your diet. We’ll point you toward our favorites, but the ultimate choice is between you and your tummy. (You’ll probably spend less than $10.) During the winter and in the case of bad weather, this hunt will be held entirely indoors. Click on the button below to see the hunt schedule and get in the game!