Explore Brooklyn’s waterfront streets and parks
…and enjoy amazing views of Manhattan (like the one above) on a scavenger hunt that reveals the best of the neighborhood Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass—DUMBO for short. You’ll enjoy the brand-new Brooklyn Bridge Park, under and around the famous bridge and along the shore of the East River. Spectacular views of the Manhattan skyline serve as a backdrop to handsome swaths of green with winding paths studded with cool and crazy sculptures and a sparkling carousel. To the east, the backdrop is the dramatic 19th-century buildings from the days when this area was a bustling industrial waterfront. Now it’s a fascinating place for everyone to work and play.
Highlights of the Dumbo scavenger hunt include…
- A spectacular, sparklingly restored classic carousel
- Historic warehouses and old factories set to creative new uses
- Fun new boutiques and outdoor cafes
- Railroad tracks embedded in cobblestone streets
- Fading ads for old companies painted onto brick facades
- Wild street art in unexpected places
- A history of the waterfront set in bronze beneath your feet
- A surprising tribute to Walt Whitman, who worked at a location on the hunt
- A dramatic view you’ll recognize from countless movies
- Signs marking the spot of George Washington’s dramatic narrow escape from British
- A great place to stop for ice cream
and much more!
Click on the button below to see the hunt schedule and get in the game!