Get a clue, conquer the castle
Can you think of a better place than an actual castle to uncover secrets and solve a mystery? We can’t…which is why we’re offering our acclaimed scavenger hunts at this gorgeous Passaic County gem. You’ll feel like the star of your very own Gothic game as you join forces with friends or colleagues to follow a trail of clues through Lambert Castle and track down answers to clever, entertaining questions.
On your quest, you might discover…
- A stunning three-story central hall decorated with dramatic paintings and sculptures
- Period rooms that show you how the upper crust lived in the 19th century
- Bacchus emerging from a mantel like a Dickens character
- A room of eccentric artifacts from bygone businesses
- A stuffed bear rearing up to give you a fright
- Haunting mementos from World War I
- One of the world’s largest collections of commemorative spoons (no, seriously, you have to see it)
And those are just a few of the highlights on this team-building tour that will reveal the best of the museum. No knowledge of the castle or history is needed for you to play—or to win. You just need to keep your eyes open and collaborate with your group.
A Kids Edition, suitable for ages 7 and up, gets youngsters and adults to work together to explore this unusual museum that’s a bit like Hogwarts.