Sorry Donutholics, we don’t have a doughnut scavenger hunt yet (unlike the SoHo Chocolaty Hunt for the chocoholics), but we certainly have food scavenger hunts that will point out the best eats in your town…if your town is San Francisco, LA, Chicago, Boston, NYC, Philadelphia, or DC—featuring a doughnut or two.
National Donut Day was created to honor the Salvation Army, which distributed the delectable treat to war-torn soldiers during World War I.
Since then, donuts have become a staple in American culture, pushing both pastry chefs and average Joe’s to come up with unique and fun flavors.
Honoring National Donut Day, we’ve decided to create a quiz that will have your mouthwatering. Below is a list of donut flavors, all of which can be found across the US, except for one. Can you figure out the falsified flavor?
- Devil’s Death Dance by Hypotonic Donuts, Dallas TX: the world’s spiciest donut: jalapeño, Serrano and habanero slices with ghost pepper icing topped with cayenne pepper
- Doughnut Stop Believing by Chaotic Doughnuts, San Francisco, CA: Dark chocolate and bacon filling topped with salted caramel glaze.
- Voodoo Doughnut by Voodoo Doughnut, Portland, OR: Feeling angry? Voodoo Doughnuts will give you a pretzel stick to do, as you will with their Voodoo Doll shaped donut filled with raspberry jelly.
- Mother Clucker by Gourdough’s Big. Fat. Donuts, Austin, TX: Fried chicken smothered with honey butter, all placed on top of a glazed doughnut.
- Purple Goat by Glazed Gourmet Doughnuts, Charleston, SC: Berry goat cheese filling topped with lavender glaze.
Are you hungry yet? Satisfy that hunger with one of our aforementioned food scavenger hunts—we guarantee you’ll leave with a happy belly.
Answer: Donut Stop Believing